Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Flat things to send to a penpal in an envelope, envelope gifts

 

Recently I got two penpals, one in the UK and one in the USA. You might not know this about me, but I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I also LOVE statinery (notebooks in particular, but more about that later). I tought that having a penpal, writing physical letters, would be a nice break in my every day life.

I found my penpals by posting a photo and with a short introduction in the Facebook Group "Worldwide Snail Mail Pen Pals". I got some replies and picked two of them that wrote a bit about themselves and had a few things in common with me.

And then, of course, I started wondering what to send with the letters. Preferably it would be something flat and whit low weight. Here are some ideas. The green text are things that I have sent.

  • Teabag with your favourite tea (Twinings Apple, Cinnamon and Raisin thank you) 
  • Photo (I have an Instax mini 8 and sent a polaroid with the letter).
  • Pressed Flowers - Either loose in the envelope, in a bag or glued on the writing paper.
  • Bookmark - For best result use a piece of cardboard as the base (cereal box, scrapbooking paper, "normal" cardboard etc).
  • Crossword - If you use the same language you can send a cutout from a magazine. For a collaboration, you can start it and let your pal finish it Or you can make your own!
  • Paint a picture form a colouring book and send with the letter.
  • Drawing, doodles, etc.
  • Sticker
  • Stamps with animals, flowers, art etc - Local to your area / country that might be interesting for your pal to find out about.
  • Postcard with a local event, place, thing etc - Same as above, pretty much :)
  • A short playlist of your favourite songs, television series, books etc written on a separate piece of paper.
  • Ribbon
  • (Iron-On) Patches
  • Pins, buttons
  • Pencil with your pals name on it
  • Flat origami
  • Your favourite recipies, either cut / ripped from a magazine, cookbook or copied to a piece of paper

This list will update as I come up with more ideas, so please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment